Lavender Health & Well-Being (Flourish Holistic Services PTY LTD) is looking for a disability support worker. Lavender Health & Well-Being believes in my ability is stronger than my disability. We are looking for a disability support worker with a cheerful nature and can-do attitude. To apply, submit your resume and cover letter Casual position ($25 -$30/hour) depending on your level of experience.
· Participant is located in Heathmont · Casual position (8 hours per week, for 1 or 2 days depending on participant’s needs)
· Working hours: Monday – Friday 9.30am – 5.30pm and possibly some weekends as per participant request.
· Opportunity to work in the community setting as per referral requirements.
· Have a person-centred approach to clients and stakeholders
· Recovery approach to participants and support plan
· Implementation of safe environment model in delivery of care.
The purpose of this role is to provide support to participants and facilitate participant involvement in daily activities and living skills programs across all services.
· Provide support to patients with physical and/or intellectual disabilities
· Understand and provide appropriate care to patients with low needs to patients with high needs who demonstrate a range of challenging behaviours
· Assisting with activities relating to daily living, community support, and empowerment
· Work under general guidance from the personal seeking support, and their family, within clearly defined guidelines
· Write detailed progress notes on a daily basis
· Perform community outreach according to the needs of the participant and assess participants with community-based activities
Certificate IV in Disability, Certificate III in Individual Support, Certificate IV in Mental Health and Disability, Certificate in Aged Care or Diploma in Community and Case Management.
• Australian driver’s licence (Preferred)
• Current National Police Check (Required)
• Valid Working with Children’s Check (Required)
• NDIS Worker Screening Check (Required)
• CPR Certification (Required) • First Aid Certification (Required)
• Manual Handling (Required)
• 1 year of experience in Support Coordination (Preferred)
· Professional Development and Training
· Employee mentoring program
· Awards/ Certificate of Appreciation
· Additional travel cost · Pay rate $25- $30(According to professional Experience)
Great news to all NDIS participants, we have a capacity for Psych, Behaviour support , OT , PT and counselling in the west, north and east areas of Melbourne.
Requesting all participants to fill in the referral form link attached below if interested for any of these services.