Community Participation Program is designed to support NDIS participants to
build skills to actively participate in their community. Through side-by-side
practice, the program involves highly skilled Community Engagement
Practitioners who assist participants to expand their opportunities for community
participation and employment. Community Engagement Practitioners adopt a
capacity-building, community-based approach by working with participants in
their local community to increase the likelihood of uptake and successful
transition away from the service to informal supports and/or employment.
Community Engagement Practitioners maintain a focus on resilience, wellbeing
and personal growth to successfully connect to the community, however each
service is tailored to best suit the participant, and their goals, to allow them to get
the most out of the service. As appropriate, participants who access this
program can expect support working on:
• The importance of community engagement, social contribution and
relationships in maintaining personal wellbeing
• Self-awareness and self-care
• Gaining awareness of personal interests, skillsets and passions and
linking these to employment pathways
• Emotional awareness and self-regulation
• Adaptive social competency including increased awareness of social
norms and expectations
• Their relationship with their disability, independence, confidence and
• Navigating systems and programs to successfully participate in their
community and employment pathway Preparation and support to
access training and employment opportunities
• Capacity building for seeking assistance in the community context
without ongoing formalized supports
Copyright © 2020 Flourish Holistic Services Pty Ltd - All Rights Reserved.
We are currently accepting new participants.
To book an appointment, fill out the referral form on our website and someone from our team will contact you at the earliest.