Applied Behaviour Analysis (ABA) is not a therapy in itself, but a
theory or a set of principles on which some therapies are based. The
theory identifies various teaching techniques that generally involve
breaking down complex skills (or Behaviour) into smaller steps and
teaching them through the use of clear instructions, rewards and
repetition. ABA uses this idea to teach and encourage new and
appropriate Behaviour in children with autism spectrum disorder
ABA-based programs involve:
• Assessing the child’s current skills and difficulties
• Setting goals and objectives – for example, learning how to say
• Measuring how often the Behaviour or skill happens currently
• Designing and implementing a program that teaches the ‘target’
• Ongoing measurement of the ‘target’ skill to see whether the
program is working
• Ongoing evaluation of the program itself, making changes as
Copyright © 2020 Flourish Holistic Services Pty Ltd - All Rights Reserved.
We are currently accepting new participants.
To book an appointment, fill out the referral form on our website and someone from our team will contact you at the earliest.