Lavender Health & Well-Being (Flourish Holistic Services PTY LTD) is looking for a Specialist Behaviour Support Practitioner with a positive motivation to make positive difference in lives of people with disability and Mental Health. Lavender Health & Well-Being believes in my ability is stronger than my disability.
ABOUT THE OPPORTUNITY
• Casual Position, Monday to Friday
• Hybrid Working Arrangement (travelling to sites, head office and work from home)
• Staff benefits including Professional Development Services, EPA and Training provided for career development.
We have an exciting opportunity for a passionate and motivated individual to join Flourish Holistic Services PTY LTD T/A LAVENDER HEALTH & WELL-BEING in the position of Behaviour Support Practitioner.
Reporting to the Clinical Services Manager, the Behaviour Support Practitioner is responsible for providing high quality, evidence based and timely behaviour support to our clients to promote positive mental and emotional wellbeing. This includes coordinating the use of positive behaviour support services to assess and treat individuals with physical, intellectual, and psychosocial disabilities.
Roles and responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
• Coach, advise and provide on the job support to team members and carers to support the development of their skills/knowledge in terms of developmental milestones, evidence-based interventions and practice to improve client outcomes.
• Deliver evidence based psychological assessment, behavioural management support and other psychotherapeutic treatments/interventions.
• Liaise with families, guardians, advocates and external stakeholders/agencies where appropriate in relation to clients.
• Provide psycho-educational programs (including Behaviour Management Plans) and support for staff, carers and family members in the implementation of programs.
• Maintain currency of knowledge of legislation, policy and best practice in relation to providing Positive Behaviour Support, such as the NDIS Quality and Safeguards Commission Practice Standards
You are a Behaviour Support Practitioner with strong relationship building and communication skills who thrives working in a fast-paced environment. You have a positive attitude, embrace change with enthusiasm and are adaptive and flexible to the changing needs of clients and the business. Your qualifications and experience include:
• 1+ years’ experience working in a similar role within the disability sector and working with individuals with complex communication needs.
• Tertiary qualification in Psychology or a related field.
• Demonstrated expertise in conducting evidenced based psychological assessment and therapeutic interventions in a community health and/or disability setting and in particular with people with challenging behaviours
• An understanding of the National Disability Insurance Scheme and the Quality & Safeguarding Commission (desirable).
• Commitment to ongoing evidence-based practice and professional growth and development.
• A passion for working with clients, colleagues, families and others to find innovative and practical solutions that allow clients to realise their human potential.
• Sound time management skills and demonstrated ability to set priorities and complete tasks. . Still Reading….. APPLY NOW!
Successful applicants are subject to ID, police and qualification checks and must also hold current Working with Children and NDIS Worker Screening Checks.
Due to Public Health Orders, all employees are required to be fully vaccinated, including having received the booster vaccination, for COVID-19. Employer questions Your application will include the following questions:
• Do you have a current Working With Children (WWC) Check?
• Do you have a current NDIS Worker Screening Check?
• Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
• Which of the following statements best describes your Covid-19 vaccination status?
• How many years' experiences do you have as a Behaviour Support Practitioner?
• Do you have a current Australian driver's licence?
Great news to all NDIS participants, we have a capacity for Psych, Behaviour support , OT , PT and counselling in the western and northern suburbs of Melbourne.
Requesting all participants to fill in the referral form link attached below if interested for any of these services.