We at Flourish Holistic Services are looking for an experienced and compassionate speech therapist to join our growing team at Tarneit.
- Assisting with standardized speech pathology assessments.
- Drawing up initial assessment reports detailing each participant’s strengths and challenges.
- Designing customised evidence-based therapy and clinical goals for each client.
- Providing therapy that is commensurate with the current NDIS guidelines, the participant’s NDIS plan and Flourish Holistic Services’ policies.
- Developing home practice goals to support the participant’s progress in therapy.
- Offering recommendations for a comprehensive therapy plan.
- Planning and monitoring intervention.
- Completing client profiles like Autism Spectrum Disorder, Attention Deficit Hyper Activity Disorder, etc.
- Coordinating with the parents, guardians and support coordinators to better assist the client in their therapy.
- Submitting client case notes through our online portal.
- Empathy, patience and compassion.
- A fast leaner and smart improvisor.
- Ability to work autonomously and think out-of-the-box.
- Ability to correctly assess a participant’s needs and challenges, and suggest recommendations.
- Ability to administer individualised therapy according to the requirements of a participant.
- Exceptional communication skills.
- A sound understanding of the NDIS laws and protocols.
- A can-do attitude and an optimistic approach to challenges.
- Keeping abreast of the latest technology and tools used in speech therapy.
Professional qualifications and certifications
- A recognised tertiary degree in Speech Pathology.
- Current registration with a Speech Pathology Australia.
- NDIS Worker Screening Check.
- Knowledge and experience in Augmentative and Alternative Communication (AAC).
- National Police Check.
- Working with Children Check.
- A current driver’s licence.
Depending on your experience and training, the pay may vary. However, you can expect an annual average income of $80,000 to $90,000.
If this looks like you and you think you fit the bill, do send us your resume along with a cover letter explaining why you would be perfect for the role.