Lavender Health & Well-Being (Flourish Holistic Services PTY LTD) is looking for a experienced Support Coordinator. Lavender Health & Well-Being believes in my ability is stronger than my disability at my clinic . We are looking for a support coordinator with a cheerful nature and can-do attitude. To apply, submit your resume, cover letter and completed key selection criteria Casual position ($28-$30 hour) depending on your level of experience.
· Our Health Clinic is located at 20 Camphora Street, Tarneit Vic 3029 · Casual position (3 days per week) · Working hours: Monday – Friday 9.30am – 5.30pm
· Opportunity to work in the community setting as per referral requirements. · Have a person-centred approach to clients and stakeholders
· Recovery approach to participants and support plan · Implementation of safe environment model in delivery of care. The purpose of this role is to provide assistance to participants in developing their knowledge and experience as well as assisting them with making connections within their community. You will also be working with participants to formalise a support plan and help them engage different supports.
•Manage an assigned case load to support the commencement and implementation of supports in the participant’s NDIS Plan; including informal, mainstream and community, as well as funded supports that need assistance with implementation.
•Complete a Service Agreement with the Participant and their family before the commencement of the service, which defines the communication and partnership agreement that will be implemented to reach decisions regarding services they choose, resolve service delivery issues, and address barriers to their participation.
•To support the participant to reach a Service Agreement with their “funded” support providers identified within their NDIS Plan.
•To monitor and review the spending and quality of services and programs in the participant’s NDIS Plan.
•Ensure support needs and risk assessments are conducted for participants with complex support needs, interpreting complex information about functional limitations, personal factors and putting supports in place to assist their successful participation in the community.
•To participate in the formal review of the participant’s NDIS Plan when requested by the participant and/or as specified by the NDIA Planner.
•To provide assistance to strengthen participant abilities to
(1) understand and work within the NDIS framework and,
(2) to coordinate and direct the supports within their plan.
•Liaise and work professionally with NDIA Planners and Local Area Coordinators, health and other support providers as relevant to gather and verify information to facilitate plan implementation.
•Actively contribute as a collaborative team member by participating
(1) in open and transparent discussions to ensure fair distribution of caseload responsibility across the team and,
(2) inviting feedback on own behaviour and its impact via reflective practice and formal supervision.
•At the end of every business day to record working hours against service delivered to Participants. This will be recorded within individual support coordination folders on the excel spread sheet for Support hours.
•Ensure high quality record keeping and provide NDIA with reports on outcomes and success indicators within the agreed reporting frequency.
•Ensure that the National Disability Insurance Scheme Act 2013 legislation is maintained in accordance with the role Requirements:
•Hold a Social Worker Degree and registration or Counsellor or Psychology degree.
•Australian driver’s licence (Preferred)
•Current National Police Check (Required)
•Valid Working with Children’s Check (Required)
•NDIS Worker Screening Check (Required) • CPR Certification (Required)
•First Aid Certification (Required)
•1 year of experience in Support Coordination (Preferred)
•Demonstrated commitment to LGBTIQ+ and Gender diversity values and philosophy.
· Professional Development and Training
· Employee mentoring program · Awards/ Certificate of Appreciation
· Additional travel cost
· Pay rate $28 - $30(According to professional Experience)
• Key Selection Criteria:
1) Demonstrated effective verbal and written skills with particular emphasis on interpersonal communication skills, establishing trust and rapport, maintaining confidentiality and record keeping
2) Demonstrated ability to work with minimal supervision and/or in as a sole professional in this environment
3) Demonstrated experience in the provision of evidence-based assessments and interventions with people and their families that present the need of support
4) Ability to work under pressure, to meet timeframes and to plan an organise workload
5) Demonstrated organisational skills and attention to detail with an ability to prioritise own workload and to work both independently on routine tasks and as part of a team COVID-19 considerations: All customers are required to be fully immunized, wear mask at all times, follow hand-washing procedure.
We are currently accepting new participants.
To book an appointment, fill out the referral form on our website and someone from our team will contact you at the earliest.